Call connection service, Calls cost 7p per minute plus your standard network charge.

Please ensure you have the bill payers permission before contacting a company on our website.

This website provides hard to find phone numbers as a call connection service, and is not associated with the company.

0843 596 3259

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest department run by the Government. If you need to contact the DWP call 0843 596 3259.

Other DWP Helplines:

Department for Work and Pensions Phone Number Opening Hours
Head Office 0843 596 3259 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Customer Services 0843 596 3260 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
 Jobs 0843 596 3261 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Benefits 0843 596 3262 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Carers Allowance 0843 596 3263 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Change of Address 0843 218 9626 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Budgeting Loans 0843 218 9627 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Budgeting Loan Free Number 0800 169 0140 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
State Pension 0843 218 9628 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week
Appeals 0843 218 9629 8:30am-11:30pm,
7 days a week

DWP – 0843 596 3259

In the UK, the DWP is the largest governing body. It is responsible for benefits, welfare, and pensions throughout the UK. Created in 2001, the DWP is also responsible for all Job Centres and is currently headed by Damien Green. The department receives around £150 billion each year to put towards its services. If you would like more information on the DWP in general, or about specific services, call 0843 596 3259 and we will connect you through to a member of staff in the Head Office who can help you with your query. The DWP is funded by the European Social Fund. Once England leaves the European Union, it is unsure if the funding will be provided solely by the UK government.

Customer Services – 0843 596 3260

You may need to contact the DWP customer services to make a complaint about a member of staff, or about your previous experience with the DWP, if you have received the wrong amount of money from the DWP and need to register this with a member of staff, to find out more about their services, if you wish to make changes to your current pension or to find out where your local Job Centre is. For answers to all of these questions please call 0843 596 3260.

Jobs – 0843 596 3261

If you would like to work for the Department for Work and Pensions, you can search and apply for the vacancies here. With this, you can also search for vacancies with other government bodies – as well as search for vacancies in your immediate area. Alternately, call 0843 596 3261 to be directed to a member of staff, who can let you know about vacancies directly. If you have already applied for a job and had no response or you would like to track the progress of your application please call 0843 596 3261.

Benefits – 0843 596 3262

You can find out everything about benefits on the DWP website. Including information on disability benefits, benefits for families, child benefit and more. To apply for a benefit available from the DWP, you can also do this on the government website. On this site, you can find guides on eligibility, what information you need to apply with, and all the forms you need to print off and fill out in order to apply for your chosen benefit. You can also ring 0843 596 3262 for more details regarding certain benefits provided by the DWP.

Carers Allowance – 0843 596 3263

If you care for someone at least 36 hours a week, you could receive over £60 a week from the government. You don’t have to be related to the person, and you can apply online or by calling 0843 596 3263. You can choose to be paid either weekly, every 4 weeks, or every 13 weeks, depending on your personal preferences. Visit the government website to see if you are eligible for Carers Allowance.

Change of Address – 0843 218 9626

If you receive any form of benefit from the government, and you change your address, you must tell inform them of your address change. Failing to do so many see you stripped of your benefits, or being unable to receive them. For more information on how to inform HMRC of your address change, call 0843 218 9626 and a member of staff from the DWP will be able to help you further.

Budgeting Loans – 0843 218 9627

If you are applying for a Budgeting Loan, you must print off and complete a Budgeting Loan Form. This must be completed in pen and sent to the address on the form. When filling out the Budgeting Loan Form, please leave plenty of time. Any wrong information on the form may lead to your application being rejected, and you will need to apply for a budgeting loan again. The type of information you will need for the form include your address, mobile phone number, information on other benefits you may receive, and information on your partner if you have one. For more information or help filling out the form call 0843 218 9627.

Budgeting Loan Number 0800

Use the freephone Budgeting Loan Number 0800 169 0140 so that you’re not charged for your call to them.

State Pension – 0843 218 9628

When you reach pension age, you will not automatically receive the state pension from the government. 4 months before you reach state pension age, you will receive a letter telling you how to claim the State Pension. There are 4 ways to claim the state pension; online, over the phone on 0843 218 9628, or downloading your pension form and sending it to your local pensions office. If you are claiming from abroad, you can still claim for a state pension through the Channel Islands. For more information on this process, call 0843 218 9628.

Appeals – 0843 218 9629

You can appeal against a decision made by the DWP at an independent tribunal. However, before you do so, you must ask the DWP to reconsider their decision. Once they have done so, and have come to the same conclusion, only then can you appeal. You must appeal within one month of their reconsideration, and have a representative who can speak on your behalf. For more information on this, call 0843 218 9629.

DWP Head Office Address

Department Address
Head Office Caxton House,
Tothill Street,
The United Kingdom.