Amazon Prime is Amazon’s premium subscription service. If you need assistance with an aspect of Amazon Prime, call the Amazon Prime helpline on 0844 826 8084.
Other Amazon Prime Phone Numbers
|Customer Services||0844 826 8084|
|Account management||0844 826 8084|
|Delivery Tracker||0844 826 8084|
Amazon Prime Helpline Opening Hours
Amazon Head Office Address
|Head Office||Patriot court, 1-9 The Grove, Slough, Berkshire SL1 1QP|
Why would I call the Amazon Prime Helpline?
- To get assistance with your Amazon Prime subscription.
- To report a technical problem with Amazon Prime instant video.
- To track a Prime delivery.
- To make a complaint about an Amazon Prime product or service.
Amazon Prime Instant Video
Amazon Prime Instant Video is a subscription service which streams TV and movies. To watch Amazon Prime Instant Video, you will need to have a Prime subscription- alternatively, you can purchase episodes or buy the whole series for a fee. Amazon Prime Instant Video is made up of content created by Amazon, content exclusively shown on Amazon Instant Video and other public favourites. Here are a few examples of content which is available exclusively on Amazon Prime Instant Video:
- The Grand Tour – Car show starring ex-Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
- Goliath – Starring Billy Bob Thornton as an attorney pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Ripper Street – A Whitechapel detective drama.
- Hand of God – A drama about a morally-corrupt judge.
- Vikings Season 4
- Lucifer Season 2
- Mr. Robot
Amazon Prime Movies
Included with an Amazon Prime Instant Video subscription is access to many different movies, from the latest blockbusters to family favourites and indie releases you may not have heard about. You’ll find films from every genre including comedy, horror, documentary and thriller. If you’re not an Amazon Prime Instant Video user, you can still rent or buy the films for a price. Here are some examples of films that are currently available through Amazon Prime Instant Video:
- Lawless – A true story of brothers in the 1920s.
- The Imitation Game – A true story about codebreaker Alan Turing, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Louis Theroux: My Scientology Movie – A film by documentary maker Louis Theroux who delves into the world of Scientology, a cult-like religion.
- Room – The story of five-year-old Jack, whose entire universe is a small room.
- Carol – A beautiful love story set in 1950s New York.
- Dallas Buyers Club – An Oscar-winning film about how one AIDS sufferer fought the system to get fellow patients the medication they needed.
- We Are Your Friends – The story of an aspiring DJ starring Zac Efron and directed by Catfish filmmaker Max Joseph.
- Legend – Chronicling the rise and fall of the Kray brothers, with Tom Hardy playing both characters.
Amazon Prime Music
Another benefit of an Amazon Prime membership is a subscription to Prime Music. Prime Music has a back catalogue of over two million songs which you can stream free of advertising and on demand whenever you wish. You can create playlists, listen to playlists curated by Amazon’s music experts or listen to personalised stations suitable for different moods and occasions. You can also download music to stream offline, ideal for the gym or the commute to work where you might not have internet access. You can listen on several different devices including your phone, your tablet and your laptop. Amazon Prime Music also works with Amazon’s Echo voice control system – you’ll be able to play any playlist or artist simply by asking. If you want more music, you can subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, where you will be able to access 40 million songs and new releases each week – the price is cheaper for existing Prime customers. If you also have the Echo system, the price drops further, to £3.99 and you can activate it just by saying to your Echo “Alexa, try Amazon Music Unlimited”.
Amazon Prime Student
Amazon Prime Student is a six month trial of some of Prime’s services, as well as exclusive benefits tailored to the student lifestyle. Once the six-month trial has ended, you will get 50% off Prime. Here are the benefits of Amazon Prime Student:
- Unlimited one-day delivery on many items
- Unlimited streaming with Prime Instant Video
- Advert-free music with Prime Music
- Student offers such as prize draws and textbook discounts
- Unlimited photo storage
- Early access to lightning deals which are only available for a short period
To join Amazon Student, you’ll need to be 18 years of age and able to prove your student identity.
Amazon Prime Review
The Amazon Prime service has been heavily reviewed on the internet. The Instant Video is often praised for offering 4K/HDR content for free, whereas on Netflix you have to upgrade your subscription to access HD/4K content. It was also first to offer offline content, something Netflix only launched in December 2016. However, some reviewers are criticising Amazon for adding content you have to pay for to the Instant Video homepage, so you can go to view something thinking that it is included in your subscription, but you will have to pay for it – some people are even reporting that this is happening with old episodes of TV shows such as the X-Files.
Cancel Amazon Prime
When you sign up for Amazon Prime, including during the free trial period, you will be registered for automatic renewal. If you don’t cancel before your end date, you’ll be charged £79 for a yearly Prime subscription. To cancel Amazon Prime, go to ‘manage Prime membership’ and click end membership if you are a paid Prime customer, or ‘do not continue’ if you are currently using an Amazon Prime free trial.
Amazon Prime Refund
You can get a full refund for your Amazon Prime subscription if you haven’t used any of your Prime benefits.
Amazon was first founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos in Seattle. He purchased the domain Relentless.com in September that year and considered naming the online store Relentless until his friends told him that it sounded ‘sinister’. Bezos still owns that domain and if you type it in, it will redirect to Amazon.
For more information about Amazon Prime and the benefits, call the Amazon Prime helpline using the phone number on this page.